ECU-TEST Release 2022.3
Top features at a glance
Diagnostics add-on: The diagnostics via Ethernet (DoIP) is now also supported for execution under Linux.
Ethernet tool adapter
The TraceTronic: Ethernet tool adapter for network communication with accesses to Sockets, DLT, SOME/IP and other protocols now also works under Linux.
Since ECU-TEST 2022.2 the option to create library workspaces and to integrate them into other workspaces is available. With the new release, the existing range of functions has been extended.
- Utilities: If utilities are contained in the library workspaces, they are automatically read in and can be used as usual by dragging and dropping them into the packages.
- User tool adapters: If the library workspaces contain user tool adapters, these can be added via the test bench configuration.
- Sub-library workspaces: It is possible to include additional libraries in a library workspace.
- Reporting: If library contents are called in the test case, this is also indicated in the test report, e.g. with icons or the namespace of the library used.
- Directories.xml: This file is now automatically created with default directories.
More details are available in the Release Notes 2022.3 document.
Functional addressing support for DoIP
UDS diagnostic requests can be senD to individual ECUs (physical addressing) or combined groups of several ECUs (functional or logical addressing).
With the extension for functional addressing, it is now also possible with Ethernet-based diagnostics (DoIP) to sent a diagnostic request to a group of ECUs and to check the results of several diagnostic responses.
The function is used via the new tool job:
For symbolic diagnostic test steps, the first diagnostic response continues to be evaluated.
In case of functional addressing, there is a limitation that communication must take place via a single network connection (addressing via a diagnostic gateway).
Time synchronization via Ethernet with Vector hardware
With ECU-TEST, it is possible to specify a precise time in an Ethernet network according to the AUTOSAR protocol Time Synchronization over Ethernet or IEEE 802.1AS / gPTP.
ECU-TEST can assume the role of timing master here: The client sends messages – the master responds. Activation takes place on a Ethernet Raw port via the job:
To ensure accuracy during implementation, hardware timestamps from the Vector measurement hardware are used.
If there is a need for additional measurement hardware support, please feel free to contact us.
Support for DTC query in the diagnostic browser
The diagnostic browser API can be used to generate diagnostic tests. New option in this API is that all DTCs (error memory entries) defined in the database can be queried. There is a new function in the diagnostic browser for this purpose:
Note: Query for user-specific SDG data for ODX is also supported.
Support for KWP2000
In addition to diagnostics via UDS, we now also support the established KWP2000 diagnostic protocol.